Fairfax traffic lawyer Jean Humbrecht can help you navigate Fairfax County traffic courts. It is important to consult an experienced Fairfax traffic lawyer after receiving a Fairfax traffic ticket. If you pre-pay the ticket without going to court, you are pleading guilty to the charge. This will result in a conviction on your driving record.
The DMV will add points to your driver’s license for a number of Virginia traffic convictions. Thee DMV will suspend the driver’s license if he receives a high number of points in a short amount of time. For more information on DMV points in Virginia, click here.
It is important to contact a Fairfax traffic lawyer to discuss the consequences of a traffic conviction on your driving record.
Common Virginia Traffic Infractions
Fairfax traffic lawyer Jean Humbrecht defends a number of traffic offenses. The most common Virginia traffic offenses include:
- Failure to Obey a Highway Sign
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signal
- Following or Signaling Violations
- Stopping or Yielding Violations
- Improper Turning
- U-turn Violations
- Evasion of Traffic Control Devices
- No Virginia License Plate
- Failure to Carry License or Registration (Va. Code §46.2-104)
- Driving with Expired Registration (Va. Code §46.2-613)
- HOV Violations
- Failure to Yield Right of Way to Stationary Emergency Vehicles (Va. Code §46.2-921.1)
- Driving with Obstructed View (Va. Code §46.2-855)
- Following Too Closely (Va. Code §46.2-816)
- Eluding Police (Va. Code §46.2-817)
- Failure to Stop at the Scene of an Accident/Hit and Run (Va. Code §46.2-894)
A Fairfax traffic lawyer can discuss your particular charge and the consequences it may have on your driving, and criminal, records.
Traffic Offenses that are Crimes in Virginia
Some Virginia traffic offense are crimes. These include:
- Hit and Run
- Driving on Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving with No Operator’s License
- Reckless Driving
Fines, jail time, and driver’s license suspension are all possible penalties for these crimes. It is important to consult a Fairfax traffic lawyer to discuss your case.
Fairfax Traffic Lawyer Jean Humbrecht
Fairfax traffic lawyer Jean Humbrecht handles cases in all Northern Virginia courts. Contact your Fairfax traffic lawyer today to discuss your traffic ticket.